Monday, August 13, 2012

What Was In The Box Part I: Tali Action Figure

Yay Tali!
So a few days ago I posted about my order coming in the mail. I figured people would know what was in it, since I was not exactly keeping it a secret, but there were some fun guesses nonetheless.


Good sculpting and painting make Tali the star of the lineup

Tali'Zorah Nar Rayya Vas Neema/Normandy is my second or third favorite character in the series (depending on how I feel about Garrus at a given moment), and along with Garrus, is one of only two characters that is a full squad member in all three games. She can also be romanced by a male Shepard in ME 2 & 3. I totally figured that out by accident the first time, too.

I know they sound Russian, but I figure the Skean Dhu means the Quarians are really Space Scotland
All said she is a pretty good translation into toy format. Sculpting and painting are tops. Her funny little Quarian fingers do have some difficulty holding the included Scimitar shotgun, though the omni tool in the off hand is a superb piece of toy design. Additional, because of the odd shape of Quarian calves, she tend to lean forward, making her difficult to stand without her included base.

Because I know someone will ask. The figure seems a bit more narrow of hip than the game model, but don't worry, she's still the machinist who's got a cute toosh.
I might switch out her Scimitar for Grunt's Claymore, but I'll have to see how that works, since the Claymore is based off of the scaling of the ME2 model, which is BIG. Giving her the ability to use the Claymore in ME 3 made her a much better squad choice.

Oh, and for those of you who don't get the cute toosh joke, here you go...


2 comments:

Atreides said...

the video had me in fits. great way to start the day, thanks :)

CounterFett said...

No prob. I have watched it a bunch of times, because it always makes me laugh. Sadly, I think I like it quite a bit better than the original song.