Friday, September 14, 2012

Pre-Order Critique: General Ossrum

Typically, I live by a "if you don't have anything nice to say..." type of attitude for these pre-order critiques. Then a while back I realized that was sort of dishonest, from an editorial standpoint. So, I endeavored to start posting a few more reviews, and not strictly staying to stuff that I was going to give a lot of praise to.

Then I saw this...
Now, don't get me wrong, I have liked a lot of Warmachine/Hordes miniatures. I have a small, but functional, completely painted Legion of Eveblight army (I think it is my only 100% competed army ever!). But sometimes, the line's cartoonish proportions get to me. And this is coming from a guy who has played 40k!

Here's his blurb: General Ossrum Dhurg’s disdain for traditional tactics and penchant for startling improvisation and bold maneuvers have earned him both admiration and ire from his peers. The men he commands, though, regard him with universal respect and affection, not merely for the victories he brings their clans but also because he asks nothing of them he would not do himself. Always on the advance, General Ossrum greets each morning with fresh enthusiasm, intending that should the day be his last, it will end in glory.

I just am not fond of how 'square' and static the pose is, the fact that the calibration of his pistol is larger than his arm, and even the fact that he has a canteen strapped to his armor that is bigger than his head bugs me.

1 comment:

MIK said...

Not crazy about this one either, plus at first glance he looks just like Gorten. Also it has always bugged me that PP's dwarves are beardless...

As an aside I think we may get into some WM/Hordes gaming again after our five year break. Stay tuned...