Monday, October 1, 2012

Chaos Space Marine Pre Order Critique 2: Champions & Raptors & Talons oh my!

Hey all, so as promised for part two, I am going to take a look at some actual Chaos Space Marines. I am completely going to omit the finecast releases, since they are a) boring, and b) mostly just re-releases.


Aspiring Champion. Well, forgive the pun, but this guy looks a little Khorne-y. It looks like a tremendous amount of detail went into this guy, but like the Ork boss we looked at a while back, this guy looks a little bit like a mono-build, ie one pose and limited weapon loadout options. I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me. GW's recent trend of these $20 commander sets get more insulting to me with each wave. Its one model...in plastic. At least back when they came with tons of cool wargear I could justify it as filling out my special weapon teams. Again, this is just my take. I could easily be wrong on this one.


Raptors/Warp Talons. Man I used to love me some raptors. Unfortunately, while the models were pretty cool, they were metal, and pricey at that. So finding out they were getting a plastic kit was pretty exciting for me. Until I saw it and realized that instead of being mechanical-mutant-jetpack-man-birds they were now, assault marines. Eh. But the option to make Warp Talons makes me a bit more happy! Gimme dose lightning claws!

4 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

The Space Marine commander box is pretty cool, but yeah the Chaos AC seems like a lot worse value.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Considering the detail on the aspiring champion, my friends & I can't figure out why they even bother with FAILcost resin at all.

paws4thot said...

Is it just me, or does the so-called Talon warrior look like he's competing in a "Saturday Night Fever" dance competition?

CounterFett said...

SoT: Yeah, that's even the particular example I was thinking of. If this AC comes with more stuff that I'm not seeing, I might revise my opinion.

DMC: This is why I largely don't even review their finecast. I think their plastics are actually better. And they are certainly cheaper.

paws: Lol, it might have been just you, but now I see it too.