Monday, October 29, 2012

Minifig Monday: Dr. Liara T'soni


I was actually going to save her for last, but I'll admit, I was a bit excited about posting this. Liara is my favorite Mass Effect Character. That said, even if I were less biased I would feel like she has gotten the short end when it comes to merchandise. Really, the only thing of her that has come out is that statue, which received pretty bad reviews. I'm inclined to think it was pretty good based on our friend Gotthammer's review here.

Anyway, when I first found Saber Scorpion's decals for making Mass Effect LEGO minifigs, I knew I had to make Liara. Garrus and Shep were close seconds, but Liara was not optional. She took me a while to build, because I was not sure what I was going to do to make a head for her. Turns out my first halfhearted attempt worked to perfection! I mixed Testors flat light grey with metallic blue in a 1:1 ratio and voila! I made two heads at the same time in case of error, and you will see what I did with other next time!

No comments: