Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Swords!

So, as I mentioned a few posts ago, this weekend I was down visiting my parents. when we got there, my mom presented me with something she had bought for me at a garage sale.


A katana, wakizashi, and tanto! That's the kind of family I have. The color scheme is pretty ghastly, yes, and the ornaments on the saya (scabbards) are damaged/missing. The blades however are sound. Mostly. I have to mend a few nicks, as some yahoo seems to have done a little edge on edge sword fighting with the katana. So, as a fun little project for myself, I am going to refurbish these guys. I am going to dispense with the cords, as I am not likely to need them to tie my sleeves back in a duel, and once I paint the hardware, they will no longer match.

I am currently in the throes of determining how I want to have these look when I am done. I might throw up a poll or something.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

SAROE said...

I pretty sure the color scheme was intended to produce opportunities to employ the weapons.

"Man, those are some ugly saya!"

**zzhwiiiick**

"Anyone else have something to say?"

<>