Saturday, November 10, 2012

Omega Is Coming!



So the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 is a little more than two weeks away, and I found a cool preview of it on IGN where one of the Devs was basically playing through a short Demo. Color me excited. They are including some new weapons (like my previously exclusive Chakram launcher, sadface). Couple of things:

Yes, this is as awesome as it seems.
  1. Aria T'loak as a temporary squadmate. Like Liara in Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker, Aria is along for this DLC. This is the one thing I had really hoped for out of this. She looks pretty godplayer to boot.
  2. Female Turian. I didn't see this one coming. I always wondered what the heck a female Turian would look like, or if we'd even be able to tell the difference. This foils a long standing joke of mine that Garrus is actually a female Turian. Shucks.
Anyway, I was already looking forward to this, but the fact they are including everything I asked for is frosting. I have one more sneaking suspicion about something that's going to be included in this DLC, but I'll keep quiet on that score since I am batting 1.000 at the moment on predictions.

2 comments:

Runitsgoggalor said...

I have enjoyed most ME DLC and am looking forward to this one. Aria always seemed under-developed in ME3 and Omega should be a good background to tell some more stories. The female turian is a bit of a surprise though!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of DLC in most franchises, though I have gotten most of the ME stuff and felt like it was a a bargain.

They say this is their longest DLC yet, which is impressive considering how long Leviathan was.