Tuesday, December 25, 2012

12 Days Of Killer Robots - Day 12


Hey all, Counterfett here wishing you a merry, merry, Christmas. Hope you all had fun. Today's post is a bit late because my morning was a bit hijacked, but never fear. I know several of you will have already figured out what is going into today's slot, even if you don't know me that well, just by process of elimination. You have likely noticed just what exactly, has not been listed yet.

#1 Terminators


Terminators. This is not, historically, the first time the idea of a race of machines intent upon exterminating humanity was floated in cinema, but it was, and still remains, the best. It was a great idea, it was well executed, it made the transition from sci-horror to sci-fi successfully, when sci-horror sort of went toes up at the end of the '80s. It even successfully retconned the idea of Skynet being software rather than a big mainframe, after the idea of the big computer became passe.

Plus, it's hard to argue with the fact that they just look cool.

Well, that's it for this countdown guys, hope you enjoyed it. Merry Christmas to all of you. I want to take this opportunity to say that I am very thankful for all of the good friends I have made here over the past few years that I would never have met otherwise, from places I am likely never to go. You all mean a great deal to me, and I hope that 2013 will be another year of good times for all of us!

2 comments:

MIK said...

A fitting end and a great "king" of the killer robots for sure. Happy holidays!

Mike Howell said...

The end of humanity given the form of humanity. I love it.

Another great countdown... some old favorites and some I've never seen before. Thank you, sir!