Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days Of Killer Robots: Day 6



Hey all, Counterfett here again. I apologize for the inevitable typos in this post, but I actually posted this in the scheduler late last night, after taking the Nyquil. Maybe not my best idea today. In any event, for today's installment, we leave the wacky world of cinema and head to television. Specifically, cheesy '70s tv. That right folks, today we are looking at...

#7 Cylons

Admit it, you wish you looked this rad.
Okay, I didn't get to see a lot of the original Battlestar Galactica, and the new one seemed boring to me, so I maybe don't know quite as much as I should about the Cylons. I remember thinking they looked a bit like metal stormtroopers, a fact my logic addled childhood brain used against my brother to suggest that stormtroopers were, in fact, battle droids.

I know, right?

Anyway. I had a bunch of the toys for some reason, most likely that by the time I was ready for 'big boy toys' these guys were showing up pretty heavily in second hand stores and garage sales. So I got a lot og secondary or tertiary exposure to these guys. Even if I didn't know the story behind these chromed cyclopean mama jamas., I knew they sure looked cool. And, as a kid, isn't that all you really need?

1 comment:

Mike Howell said...

I was just about the perfect age for BG the first time around, and these guys were great. That red eye moving back and forth really made them inhuman looking. By. Your. Command.