Saturday, December 22, 2012

12 Days Of Killer Robots - Day 9


Hey all, Counterfett here on my ill gotten first day of Christmas break. I suppose I should be PC and call it Winter Holiday break. But, I'm inherently selfish and since I am on my break I will call it whatever the heck I want. There's nothing you can do to stop me. Mwahahahahahahaha! Apparently on vacations I turn into a megalomaniacal villain about semantics. Yay! Anyway, the countdown!

#4 Santa Claus


The fact that I am making this countdown this close to Christmas is completely unrelated to Santa Claus appearing in it. Robot Santa from Futurama is simply that awesome. In case there is anyone on the planet unfamiliar with the concept here, Robot Santa was made to be an 'actual' Santa some time in the future, but when he was activated, there was a mix up. His standards for who was naughty and who was nice were set impossibly high. So instead of sleighing, he goes slaying.

It's just one of those ludicrous twists on cultural ideas that makes Futurama so fun. Funnily enough, I went looking for a picture for this post, and the #1 result from google was my X-mas post from two years ago. There was even a great comment by Mike Howell. Ah, good times.

1 comment:

Mike Howell said...

The moment Fry and Leela run into him and his eyes turn over to go from jolly to killer is amazing.