Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gaming With LEGO: Bases


Well, for those of you who don't remember the feature (it's been along time!), 'Gaming With LEGO' is a series of articles wherein I talk about how I like to use minifig to use as miniatures for wargames or role-playing games.

One thing that always bothered me about using minifigs for gaming was that there were no appropriately sized bases. LEGO does put out display bases with their blind packed series, but they are rectangular, and about 1" x 1.5", which is totally unsatisfactory for gaming.

Then I saw that Brickarms does make stands, which were $1 a piece, which is kind of more than I want to spend on a hair brained idea (they are .80 now at Toywiz, but still), so I started thinking up real good ways to do this myself. So, what LEGO collector doesn't have like 15 cubic feet of plates they are not using for anything right now? I have a use for some of mine now!

Going to glue these and paint them up in the next week to start using them for gaming. I have some dirt simple wargaming rules I downloaded that I want to try out, and I think this might be a good way.

No comments: