Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not Quite Preorder Review: Dystopian Wars Steele Robot

I am an admittedly major fan of big stompy robots. And this new one for Dystopian Wars looks to be quite a mama. It's the Steele, from the games' Canadian faction. I have looked at getting into this game now and again, but never quite been able to drop the hammer.

I have an historically very poor record of following through on projects at this scale (GW's Man O' War leaps to mind. I think I STILL have unpainted junk somewhere from that game). So I've managed to restrain myself. Still, This guy kind of makes me regret. Like I said, I do love a big stompy robot.

He comes with two weapon arms, but I think my favorite thing is that he looks a bit like Liberty Prime from Fallout 3. I don't know if I have any Dystopian Wars players in my readership, but does someone know how big this thing is? The price at online sites seems to be around $20, which seems a lot to me. There are two in the pack, so that might be a great deal if they are around the same size as BattleMechs. I just don't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he is anything like the other robots than he is around if not a bit smaller than a wraithguard I believe

CounterFett said...

Ok, that's pretty legit then if two come in a pack at that price!