Wednesday, January 16, 2013

15mm Quar: Random Weird Stuff I Want


I found the ZombieSmith site a long old time ago and loved their stuff, but never got anything. I just don't play enough games with the minis I have that are more mainstream to make it worthwhile to buy more esoteric stuff. But now I am playing more, and looking for something a little off the wall for 5150 Star Army. I had decided I wanted to play it in either 10mm or 15mm, since this was a planned new project, and I wanted something not Halo, 40k, or Mass Effect.


Well, lo and behold, there are now 15mm Quar. How serendipitous! I'm not a very good painter when it comes to 28mm models, so I shudder to think what sort of abomination would transpire when I try to make a go of 15mm, but this looks like a fun place to start! I chose 15mm because of space and cost considerations, since Star Army requires more model count than any game I have played (Other than 40k of course), and because of recent financial difficulty. This makes anthropomorphic anteaters a viable play option for me!

I think they'd make good rebels or PDF. Whatcha think?

2 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

FIX BAYONETS!!!

lol, I've never played any of Zombiesmith's games, but do have 2 small contingents of Royalists & crusaders in 28mm. As for painting tiny stuff, once they get to a certain point size wise, its just a base coat, dry brush, wash & go back to pick out a few details. I mean, when they're that small, what else can you do with them?

CounterFett said...

Yeah. I had some elementals from Battletech back in the day. That's about what I did with them, and I recall they came out ok.

I knew I remember someone haveing some of the 28mm Quar, which is part of why I wanted some, but I couldn't remember who it was, thanks for mentioning it, because now I am going to go look at yours!