Sunday, January 20, 2013

Maisto RQ-1 Predator


A few years back the 'Tailwinds' line had armed predators in the matchbox style. I passed up on those because at the time I was not looking to largely replace miniatures in my wargaming. It seems like I sort of am these day, so when I saw these for $3.50, I grabbed all three.

Everyone at the fleet will be so jealous. No one else has a drone like mine...
Unfortunately, this is the reconnaissance version, not the armed attack version, but I figure I can fudge a little bit. Expect to be seeing these in some modern and near future gaming soon.

3 comments:

MIK said...

Great find, perfect scale...

paws4thot said...

What scale is the Predator? Hobby stores may be able to sell you weapons packs that include relevant air to ground missiles and guided bombs it it's in or near 1/48, 1/72 or even 1/144 scale.

CounterFett said...

You know, I'm not sure. I think it's probably in the 1:76-1:100 range. I'll measure and figure it out when I get home.

It's a good idea, though I will likely not go to that much work. It will work fine how it is for my purposes.