Monday, January 7, 2013

Minifig Monday: Asari Skittles

Hey all, Counterfett here, and it looks like we've survived another Monday. So here's to us! Who's like us? Darn few! And they're all dead! Sorry, little carried away. Incidentally, that's a modernization of a very old Scottish toast my Dad and Grandfather used, so I always kind of liked that it was in ME3.


Anyway, it's minifig Monday, and since I went so overboard with LEGO posts at the end of last week, I decided to postpone the 2nd So Many Shepards post until next week, and make this something lighter. I almost titled it 'Taste the Rainbow,' but realized just in the nick of time that since we are talking about Asari, that particular phrase would be a bit inappropriate. These are all based off of my multiplayer Asari characters.

On the left we have Nova, the Adept. She is my least played named character, and as such, doesn't change very often. Next is Viola the vanguard. She is one of my most played characters, which is funny, because I am a terrible vanguard, but she has lift grenades, which makes everything better. She's changed name and color scheme a bit. Next is the infiltrator, Azule. She is the newest, and seems to change color and name the most. But right now she is all blue. Last is Rouge, the sentinel. I have kept her in that name and color scheme since the Valkyrie sentinel was released. No real reason, it just looks ok with Tech Armor on, which is something.

These are all made off of the most recent decal order. My wife came up with an easier way of painting the heads, which while not as close of a match as the first time, is much easier and faster. I am having issues with the decals staying in place on the new paint though, which KE554 is having no trouble with, so maybe it's just me.

3 comments:

paws4thot said...

In the original Scots, the toast is "Here's tae us! Wha's like us?"
And the response is "D@mn few, an' they're a' deid!"

Your version is a good translation though.

On the decals point, have you tried painting waterslide decals over with Johnson's Klear (may be Future) acrylic floor wax whilst they're still drying?

CounterFett said...

The last person in my branch of the family who really spoke the language was my grnadfather. I remember some stuff like that from him, but I tend to anglicize it. My dad does the same, or just ignores it completely.

I have had terrible luck in the past with waterslides. I will try that the next time I use them though. These are just self-adhesive decals. I might try a dot of superglue at the edges if the peeling becomes a problem. It honestly just seems to be this batch of asari heads, so I think it's something with the paint we used.

paws4thot said...

You have an actual Scot (and modelmaker) here. I'm aware that actually speaking Scots could be a bad idea though, since it's a different language (different spellings and grammar, how can that not be a language?)

With self-adhesive stickers it's important to have a grease-free surface when you're applying them. Different people have different skins which react differently here so you and your lovely wife may do. I have difficulty using touch screen equipment due to low skin oils.