Monday, February 4, 2013

Just Cedrick: My PC for Dungeon Squad & 9Qs

Hey all, Counterfett here.

So I forgot to take pictures last night of whatever I was going to post for Minifig Monday, so expect that tonight. Until then, as I threatened, here's a look at one of the two characters I am going to be running in my Fantasy solo campaign coming up.

Yes, Dungeon Squad Characters are really this simple.


In a time and place with fanciful titles and elaborate names, Cedrick is just...Cedrick. Explorer, Adventurer, Inventor, and self proclaimed Rennaissance Man. Outside of his own mind, Cedrick really is an Inventor, though he is also a thief, a scoundrel, and general fun guy to have around. If your idea of fun involves evading the town guard, that is. Cedrick carries a long dirk and a heavy matchlock pistol of his own design. Recently, Cedrick has taken up with a failed Paladin of the Order of the Sun.
What I have in mind for this campaign is something like the old game Arcanum, which is to say industrial age technology alongside with magic. People can work with one or the other, but not both. I think I'll skip some of the finer points, like magic won't work on people who use tech, or vice versa, but I will have people like Cedrick be unable to cast spells themselves. Stay tuned, I should be making that 'failed paladin' soon.

No comments: