Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bot Shots Shockwave. My New Battle Beasts?

Hey all, Counterfett here. So, you have likely all heard me wax poetic about my love for that wonderful '80s phenomena known as Battle Beasts. While the figures themselves were cool, it was the rudimentary wargame they represented which really sold me and launched me on a lifetime love of playing games with my toys.

Tank mode is cool, with a pair of menacing cannon.
Well, the goofy little spring loaded Transformers toys known as "Bot Shots" have a nifty little feature taht is very similar to that childhood favorite, but with a twist. You can flip the signs on their chests! You can choose fist, sword, or blaster, and the ranking goes as such: Blaster > Fist > Sword > Blaster. In the event of a tie, each figure has a value associated with each ability, so high number wins. So Shockwave has a high blast value (no surprise, his arm is a gun), a middling fist (he has one), and low sword (he doesn't have one). There's an elegant internal logic to it I like.

Robot mode is nice enough, but with a fair bit of kibble.
The figure itself is about what you would expect, like a smaller chibi version of the Activators from the animated line, though a little less poseable. I'm officially a fan. I got Shockwave because I thought it was cute, and it was on clearance, but now that I've seen how cool this is, I might need to get more!

2 comments:

Dan said...

I enjoy the couple that I have. Its cool to have such a fast changing transformer.

Colbey Hopper said...

The newest wave of Bot Shots are really good. I'm glad that Hasbro is mixing it up a little now with Jump Shots, Flip Shots and Spin Shots.