Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clone Wars Aqua Droid

I've wanted to get the Aqua droid for an awful long time. Now I wish I had got it back when they were cheaper! Nothing to it, though. I have been on this Star Wars kick for a little bit, and I figured there were only going to be so many more times that I would find one of these guys, so I went ahead and picked it up.


I had heard that they had trouble with standing, due to being top-heavy, spindly legs, ape arms, etc. this is not the case, however, on my example. He stands fine with or without the stand. Your mileage may vary on this point, however.


His paint is crisp and clean, and while his arm mounted blaster cannon is a bit wavy from the plastic backing, none of his other parts were affected. I am quite pleased with this figure. I'm in the midst of snapping up as many Clone Wars figures as I can before the line goes away entirely. Good times.

This is also from the era when all of the Star Wars figures came with the Galactic Battle Game. So he comes with a card and special die. I might actually try to play this with one of my kids and justify buying this many toys. We shall see.

No comments: