Sunday, May 19, 2013

Clone Wars Obi Wan Kenobi

Like Anakin, I think this is the first Obi Wan Kenobi I've ever owned. Weird, huh? Again, because I got to the party so late, this is the unarmored version. While I always thought I would prefer Kenobi in his 'sort of clone armor' look, I did end up liking this version a whole lot, so not harm.


Kenobi doesn't have a cloth lower tunic like Anakin, but again, doesn't really need it, so not missing much there. Also, the likeness to the show is terrific due to the angular nature of the animated characters. My version has the teensiest missed paint on the right side of his face, resulting in a slightly flesh toned beard. It's a small thing.


What's weirder for me is that, like an original trilogy stormtrooper, Kenobi's face is 'wonky,' or uneven. He has more hollow in his left cheek than his right, making his trademark patient but stern expression look a bit like he's scowling at you. Maybe this is Obi Wan annoyed after Anakin executes that guy on the Coronet.

No comments: