Thursday, May 2, 2013

No Scheduled Post: Taking A Mental Health Day



Well, on the  weekend I had scheduled my posts all the way out to Wednesday. While I realized even at the time that those posts were not award winning material, and that I was going to have a bad week (which would make filling the rest of the schedule more difficult), it was all I could do at the time.

My job certainly came through on sucking all week so far. Yesterday was my mandatory 'fun time' out with the office staff, which means I worked half a day, then spent more than the rest of my shift at a game with my coworkers. This is the kind of thing that I might have really enjoyed had it not been so poorly executed.

As it is, I spent too much time out in the sun, dehydrated. I got home two hours later than usual, and instead of getting my usual evening routine done, I had to feed the kids and get them to bed. No regrets there, I wanted to spend time with them, I'm just upset that it had to be done at the expense of my other priorities.

But in any event, now I am tired, feel sick (I really don't recommend too much sun without fluids), and I'm short of time and patience. To whit, I might be taking a few days off from writing. THis should barely be noticable, since I post so much that when I slow down I post about as often as a normal person. I just needed to vent.

2 comments:

Zero said...

Hang in there!

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

if it's any consolation, tomorrow on my birthday it will be my twelfth day at work in a row, which will be a 12 hour day as I'm throwing an event in the showroom right after a full day at the office. Wish me luck :D