Friday, June 14, 2013

Mecha Countdown #17


Hey all, Counterfett here wishing you a happy Friday. come this Sunday, we will hit the halfway mark on this feature, and since this is Friday, I am sure Sunday will come more quickly than I like. Also, since I am largely using this little space at the beginnings of the posts as a journal / sounding board, I was thinking of going all next week without eating meat. Not from any kind of moral or ideological reason, just to see if I could. I don't really like meat much, except for the processed kind, which are the worst for you. I'll let you all know how that goes if I try it. Anyway, on with the show.

#17 Atlas.

'Bring in the heavy!'
In this case I mean the Atlas from Mass Effect 3. Supplanting the awesome Ymir (AI) security mech from ME2, the Atlas is actually piloted by a person. The best part, however, is that Shepard can blow out the canopy, pull out the pilot, and hop in him/herself. Then it becomes a hot time in the old town tonight.

Compact, realtively well armored, and packing a mass cannon and missile launcher, the Atlas is a fine assault unit for a culture that is largely indoors or spaceborne. Though the designers should maybe have givin more thought to operator security.

2 comments:

Mike Howell said...

I've never played Mass Effect. The idea of a GTA-style 'jack 8 feet in the air makes me laugh though.

Magos Kasen said...

Ah, the Atlas. Killed so many of those things online. Easy points. Very cool mech though.