Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mecha Countdown #23


Hey all, Counterfett here. This is the post I was planning on making this morning, but what with my scheduler having a mental breakdown and posting my obscure video game post this morning instead of tomorrow, this goes into the scheduler instead! Fingers Crossed! In any event, today we start looking at wargame mecha. It's about time, right? What with this being a wargame blog and all? So, on with the show.

#23: Dust Luther


The Axis Medium Walker kit can make either a tank gun looking monstrosity, or this, a sort of hybrid anti infantry/close combat general purpose walker called the Luther. I prefer this was, as not only is it a better GP unit, it looks less unbalanced than the gun carrier.

The Dust Universe is pretty interesting, if not terribly original. In it, an alien race (which remind me of the Scrin from C&C3) crash into the ice, and a substance called VK is recovered, which allows better armor, weapons, robots, etc. The robots themselves remind me pretty heavily of Gear Krieg. So nothing too original, but still fun.

2 comments:

Mike Howell said...

I am so accustomed to different factions being wildly different looking that I can't tell one Dust model from another. They all look cool and martial, but nothing makes me say, "Oh, hey! That's a ____!"

CounterFett said...

That's one of the things I like about Dust. All of one factions' walkers seem to be built off of one of three chassis (like the allies light/medium/heavy set up), and all of the variations within are pretty minor. Like weapon swaps or capacity.

Because in real life, you REALLY have to be a tank guy to tell the difference between an M1 and an M1A2 just by looking, right?