Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pre Order Preview - Sails Of Glory

Hey all Counterfett here, struggling to get back to business as usual after the posting frenzy that was Mecha Month. I realized I had not done one of these in a while, and took a look at a few of my old haunts to see what kind of things were new and cracking in the world of tabletop games.

Lo and behold I found an interesting new game that seems to be based on the Wings of Glory or X-wing games from FFG. It really seems to be the same concept with pre-painted miniatures and a card driven mechaninc.

The ships look kind of nice, but I personally always found the Wings of Glory game to be moderately annoying with the pages of models that had really minor differences. I suppose the same could be said for games like BattleTech, though since I am into that, it seems less onerous.

I don't know, I kind of what to check this one out, but with the atarter set having a 'street price' of around $70, this seems like more of a buy in than I really want to foot.

No comments: