Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weekly Update



Or: "Hey, didn't I use to have a weekly feature here?"

Yup, that's right folks, I use to have Painting with Paint on Tuesday mornings. Not sure what exactly happened there. I just didn't have anything ready one week, and decided to postpone it, then sort of stopped doing it. Haven't had anything finished in a bit, so seems like it might not be popping up again any time real soon.

There are a couple of factors at work here.
  1. My anime and magna features have been doing well enough traffic wise that there's no real shortfall from missing the feature.
  2. No good games. It's been a while since there has been a new video game out I've really dug, and since video games are far and away my largest source material for the feature, it really robs my motivation.
  3. Time. PWP is not super time consuming, per se, but it does take a while to select a shot, arrange the composition, adjust settings, and actually do the brushing. With all the other projects, plus wanting to spend some time with my wife and kids, PWP has sort of taken the hit.
That said, it might make a rebound soon. No promises, since I'm trying to actually work on painting some miniatures and playing some 'In Her Majesty's Name.' But still, I sort of miss the opportunity to make bad one liners at my own expense.

No comments: