Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hasbro Star Wars 12" Clone Trooper

Well, my wife was a little concerned about my little boy always playing Barbie with his sister. Doesn't trouble me much, considering how mainstream Bronies are these days, but he's in elementary school, so I see her point. To resolve the problem, I had the brilliant idea of just getting him some 'boy' toys in the same scale so he could still play with big sis, but in a more socio-culturally acceptable manner.


Behold the 12" clone trooper. These run $9-$10 at WalMart, and are dead on in scale with Barbie and Monster high dolls. Which is handy, considering they have about the same articulation.


I promised the Other James, some time back, that if I got one of these I would review it here, because he was curious about them (as he has a growing 12" collection himself). All in, it's about what you would expect for a $9 dollie. He has seven points of articulation, hips, shoulders, wrists, and neck. He comes with the DC-17 blaster carbine sculpted into his right hand. His paint apps are meh, but pretty much everthing you need for a 'shiny' clone trooper. One missed spot on our example is the armor seals behind the knee plate. Can't tell if this is the case on all of them, as that is blocked by the packaging, but I expect it is.

Hot Toys or Sideshow this guy isn't but if you wanted Clone Trooper fillers to stand behind your 'better' troopers, this guy might fit the bill. Or, if you have a 6 year old boy who wants nothing but to play with his older sister, this might help too.

No comments: