|"I'm a solo player...got it?"|
- Generating random environments.
- Generating random events.
- Scaling the difficulty.
|"400 in 10 seconds...give or take. That's the damage the seven of you can do to me."|
Thirdly, I went to trusty d20 to generate my character and monsters. So, as long as I stick to CR guidelines, I shouldn't have too hard of a time. Also, this grants rewards based on encounter difficulty, which means I have pre-generated tables of loot from which to reward my hero. Heros like Loot.
How I plan on having this work is thus.
- Set tiles per Patrol: Lost rules (ie line of sight).
- Hero moves in chosen path.
- Roll for Random Encounter.
- Fight (if applicable).
- Roll Reward.
- Rest, recuperate, heal, level up.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat...as needed.