Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pre Order Critique - Eiryss, Mage Hunter


Ok, so I was super in love with some of the minis from Iron Kingdoms, and later Warmachine back when they came out. We're talking the d20 days. Since then, the minis have only gotten better, but my interest in the setting in general has waned. Mostly as a side effect of 40k burnout. I think it's just becuase I don't like the idea of needing to come up with army lists anymore.

But that's beside the point. One of the great figures from back in those days was Eiryss the mage hunter. She was a mercenary. Well, now, Privateer has deemed she's been 'spying' long enough and has returned her to the Scyrah fold. If it means she gets a rad new mini, I am all for this!

From the release:

After years of hunting human spellcasters and gathering intelligence on the armies of mankind as a mercenary, Eiryss has returned to her proper place as one of the foremost leaders of the Retribution. Now she takes to the field leading other mage hunters, inspiring them to feats of incredible bravery and peerless precision while lending her own deadly skills to rid the world of humanity’s blasphemy against Scyrah.


Yup. Scyrah's just as crazy as usual. At least the new Eiryss isn't wearing a sandwich board. What we do get is Eiryss with two blades and a midriff shirt, stomping through what appears to be WarJack wreckage.It's a good dynamic pose, and serves to illustrate her transition from the sort of 'cloak and dagger' realm I've been thinking she was in to the open battlefield.

In fact, the only thing I don't like about this mini is the cost. $12 street price? What? Is PP slowly transitioning into GW? At least I can still post pics.

3 comments:

Magos Kasen said...

I think $12 is reasonable, but then I'm from Aus, where GW thinks it's fine to charge up to $40 for a single model - PP at least keep their prices consistent based on the bulk of the model, not its in game power.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, it's still not that bad, honestly.

But I remember back when I bought all of my warjacks getting them for $7-$8 apiece. PP used to be such a good deal...

Von said...

Kasen - I agree up to a point, but when you see a Bane Thrall unit for close to £50 and a Dawnguard unit for nearer £30... there's not that much of a difference in bulk, surely?