Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Solo Gaming With Counterfett - Bryce The Stern Paladin

Prepare to face JUSTICE!
Well, the poll ended, with a surprisingly close win for the Paladin class, beating Bard by only one vote, and both soundly thrashing the Ranger class which has only a single vote to its name. So, Paladin, it is. It's honestly the most practical of the classes I put in the poll. Heavy armor may save my bacon one day.

I made Bryce from a ton of assorted parts. Hit torso is from the white robed priestess girl from the old Prince of Persia sets (I know I always complain about not having enough female parts, but this is all I had of her, and it was flesh toned, which doesn't match any of my stuff). The arms were from the sailor shirt from the blind packed sets. His legs were likely from a stormtrooper. Helmet shield and sword were from various blind packed sets. The cape was from the bug eyed alien from the space police sets. Quite an eclectic mix.

So this is Bryce, level one paladin. Hes got scale mail, a wooden shield, and a longsword. He looks more heavily armored because of the helmet, I guess, but without it, he just looks like he's wearing a shirt with a cross. I wanted it to look like he is wearing heavy armor under a surcoat, and I think this worked out. The crosses are stickers from the Brickforge set I got a while back, and they applied just as well here as the other times I've used them.

Hopefully I will get a chance to sit down and run him through my new dungeon set up. I'm fairly excited to get started now that the poll is over. I'll let you know as soon as I get it running. I think as soon as he's racked up some gold, I'm going to get him a magical morning star. Morning stars mean JUSTICE!

7 comments:

SAROE said...

How do you remove the arms? I've never done that.

Series 11 showed up a few days ago. My first pick was "Grandma". But there's a Space Ork/green guy with a heavy blaster. It's got the easy to feel body armor. I picked out/up three today to add to my dozen space orks from 9 or 10.

CounterFett said...

To remove the arms, you just pull them straight out to the sides. It's not hard once you get used to it. It always feels like you are going to break them, at first.

SAROE said...

Well...I just dismembered a clown.

Serves him right.

Thanks.

CounterFett said...

Ah, one less clown in the world. My work here is...not done, but rather off to a good start?

SAROE said...

Yep. And now I should find one of my minifigs and try that thing with the arms...

MIK said...

Great looking fig, I need to catch up on his adventures now.

I didn't get a chance to vote in the poll, but I would've gone Ranger, haha.

CounterFett said...

Thanks MIK! Ranger was actually my first choice as well, but Paladin has worked out really well, so I'm glad it went the way it did.