Monday, October 21, 2013

Minifig Monday - Shikinami / Soryu Asuka


Hey all, Counterfett here. So, a few weeks ago, I posted my fig-bashed version of Ayanami Rei from Evangelion. Someone asked if I was planning to do Asuka. He was shocked to hear me say I didn't think I would. I don't really like Asuka that much, and committing to converting a figure is just that...a commitment. I wasn't sure I really cared enough to have another EVA figure, much less of Asuka.


But than I saw the above fanart. An amusing version of 3.33 Asuka (with eyepatch) in an obvious reference to Naked Snake from multiple Metal Gear titles. This tickled me to the point that I decided I had to break down and have this be my version of Asuka. Yes, I made a non-canonical figure based off of an obscure crossover fan art. So sue me. I also had to reverse the picture, because I didn't notice that my LEGO face had the eye patch on the wrong side!

In any event, it turned out pretty well, plus it has the advantage of being something I can always repurpose, if need be. Sigh...the problem now is that I want to make Misato, Mari, and Shinji. Oh, and MANA!

No comments: