Friday, November 1, 2013

Gaming Weekend - Making My Own Gaming Counters

Just an example of one of the edited keychain images I'm working on. Pretty cool. Yeah, I got a Silica keychain. Shut up! Honestly, I was bummed I couldn't find the version that has her miniature dragon roosting on her head.
Hey all, Counterfett here, with a return to actual blog related content! Sorry about that, the events of the big bad world were keeping me away rom my desperately needed escapism. But, on the flipside, I did spend a bit of time thinking about what I wanted to work on this weekend in terms of gaming projects.

Then it hit me, I never finished the last of my paper-on-tile dungeon maps. So, I suppose I should probably do that. Then a follow up epiphany hit me. I want to make game counters the same way! Bear with my on this for one second. People use paper miniatures all the time (see one of my favorite blogs iheartprintandplay to get an idea of what I'm talking about), so why don't I make some more substantial 'paper' minis in the same way that I make dungeon tiles!

Partially this was inspired by the above mentioned blog, but something else had a hand in it as well. See, I recently used up my 'points' from an online retailer I patronize to order some anime related merchandise. Namely I got chibi character keychains of some of my favorite characters from Sword Art Online. Sadly no Lisbeth or Argo the Rat. But I did get Asuna, Kirito, and Silica. And in the confirmation email they sent me, there were nice large images of the items I had ordered.

So why not just edit them in paint, print them up, and affix them to tiles? I don't see why not! Yar, genius, as the Long John Silver's commercials used to go. I will be trying this out this weekend, I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments: