Friday, December 13, 2013

Gaming With LEGO - Space Pirates Of The Charybdis System


Hey all, Counterfett here. Seems like with all of the 'official' posting I've been doing over the past few weeks, I have neglected the type of post that I seem to be most well known for; my random, stream of thought, what I want to work on next type of post. So here we go! Buckle up, we might be in for some turbulence.


Despite buying up a buttload of LEGO (and off brand) minifigs recently, I have done practically no gaming with them. This is too bad, as it is loads of fun, and also the types of post that seem to be the most popular. Also, since my wife allows me to buy minifigs as a replacement for my miniatures and paints budget, I really need to get the hobby mileage in to get my money's worth!

On the flip side of the coin, I don't really feel like trying to force my way back into the Bjorn series when I'm not in the mood. So what I was thinking of doing instead was a bit more of a generic 'Space Pirates' type of series. I could make up a custom crew for myself of fun characters, and use some really simple beer & pretzels type rules to smash through a few boarding actions a week.

As you can guess from the title, I am playing on a futuristic spin of the old Pirates of the Caribbean trope, but in SPACE! My plan is the have the characters be an anachronistic mix of hard sci-fi and bad ren-faire costuming. And giant beam weapons! Who could forget about that?

I'll need a name for a pirate/privateer vessel though...anyone have any good ideas?

No comments: