Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pre-Order Critique - Mantic Deadzon Enforcers


I'm not shy about it, I love Mantic. I have a bunch of their stuff, and I anticipate getting more. Disclaimer finished. With that out of the way, I will admit that I did not contribute to the Deadzone Kickstarter. I've only participated in one kickstarter, and that was for a friend, and I STILL managed to not get anything from it.

Whatever.

Still, now that these are on imminent arrival watch, I am getting pretty excited. When the sci-fi version of Kings of War came out (why can't I remember what that was called?), I immediately played around with that. Now this looks like a possible alternative for Space Hulk. I do love Space Hulk like a child, but playing a game with actual manufacturer support is good for the soul.

As to the Enforcers themselves, this looks like a pretty neat set. You get troops, snipers, assault guys, a commander, sentry guns. Essentially a 'drop team' for playing the game. The only downside is that there doesn't seem to be much possibility for customization. However, since they are supposed to represent specific team characteristics, I suppose that's not a bad thing.

The actual Enforcers models resemble a mix between Robocop and Space Marines to my eye. Now, this might be in part due to the paint scheme, but they really resemble a tac squad with sleeker lines and a more 'golden age' of sci fi aesthetic that their Grim-Dark counterparts.

2 comments:

Gotthammer said...

You didn't think Cerberus dudes with that colour scheme? ;)

CounterFett said...

Yeah, I can see what you're getting at. It just my weird eyes, I thought they were more silver than white.