Thursday, January 16, 2014

LEGO Skyrim - Warmaiden's

"I'm not claiming to be the best smith in Whiterun..."

I was trying to decide how to title this, and almost settled on "Funny Stuff My Daughter Made." I just felt like that might not convey what it was really supposed to be. This is to launch a minor slew of LEGO Skyrim posting, since I have a bit of it what needs doing.

Still, I couldn't get over how good this was. You forget how ingenious kids can be with LEGO bricks once you are an adult. She has a tanning rack (with dagger, because the Dragonborn always uses an iron dagger to scrape hides), a grindstone, a worktable with hammer, and a forge with the bellows pullchain, just like in the game. She even included Adrienne Avenici!

My daughter is so rad.

3 comments:

Stu Rat said...

And here I was thinking it was good I didn't have kids so I didn't have to share my LEGOs.

Atreides said...

that is ridiculously good.
i think we get too hung up on exact accuracy as adults. this creation gets the point across perfectly without without too many pointless embellishments.

CounterFett said...

@ Stu. Once you have them, yeah it's painful to share the toys, but they are a lot of fun in their own right.

@ Atreides. I keep trying to remember things like this when I go on the crusade to find that one 'perfect' piece to finish a project. She uses plain old 2x1 bricks for most of this, and just uses different colors. Like brown for the leather on the tanning rack. She's quite clever.