Monday, January 6, 2014

Minifig Monday - GI Joe Checkpoint Alpha


So I found this TRU exclusive set (at TRU, appropriately enough) over the weekend and got it. It was a little on the costly side for this size and considering I still think of KREO as 'off-brand' LEGO. But still, it had two of my very favorite Joe characters...Firefly and Law & Order. I list Law & Order as one character, since, essentially, they have almost enough personality between them to make one dude. Also, I don't remember which name goes with the dog. I think he's order.


Anyway, while all the parts were there, this was a bit of an annoying build, since the pieces don't connect well at some points. Also, the decals are oddly size, with some being undersized for the brick they are on, while others go 99% of the way to the edge in all directions. Made it hard to guesstimate how far you needed to place them from the corners as you are applying. Still...Firefly AND Law & Order.

2 comments:

Colbey Hopper said...

The set is worth the price alone for Firefly and Law & Order.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, especially since their blind packed minifigs are so poorly mixed. I have bought 7 and only got Ripper and Dr Mind Bender. Nice to see some different characters!