Friday, January 17, 2014

Not-Quite-Preorder Preview - Disc Duelers

So, I was cruising around my favorite online geekery retailer, and I saw this on their new releases section. To me it looks a little like those old disc launching games of yore where you tried to knock over the castle made of interlocking bricks. I don't know if this involves actually launching any discs, but it might.
 
Here's the blurb from the site:
 
"Disc Duelers is a character-driven game of strategy and skill. Build a team of characters with unique an diverse powers, equip them with gear, take aim and attack! And dueling is just the start! Disc Duelers contains rules for Racing, Volleyball, and Large Team Games! This is a real-space game that can be played on any tabletop by any skill level of player."
 
Sounds like a lot of fun to me. And the inclusion of different characters with varying abilities looks like it will add a small layer of role playing and tactics to what would otherwise devolve into two players randomly flinging wooden disks at each other (remember I said I had those castle games when I was a kid...this was inevitably what happened).
 
Sadly, the site is sold out at current, but we'll see what shakes loose on this one.

No comments: