Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kreo Dungeons & Dragons - Eye Of Gruumsh


Saw this in TRU yesterday when I was picking up the motorcycles for my Figma & Revoltechs. I played a half-orc Eye of Gruumsh back when it was a prestige class in 3e. Ah, the golden days of d20. A lot of those early prestige classes were pretty underpowered compared to the stuff that came later, but it was a lot of fun to play the 'bad' guy.


The set itself is pretty neat. I can do without the spear, because it looks utterly impractical as a weapon, but the figure is cool, and the chest/mimic monster is pretty legit, and seems like it's straight out of Dark Souls. The key actualy opens the chest minutely when it's turned, which is a really neat touch. Also, the potion bottle is nice.

The one thing I really DON'T like about the set is that his ears are sculpted onto his harpiece, but not painted, so it looks like they are black with frostbite or something. Kind of a funny place to cheap out, since it is such a glaringly obvious oversight.

3 comments:

Tomsche said...

I`m so jealous, you americans get all the cool stuff and at discounts usually, like those Kreo DnD`s, or that Jaffa glider you featured a few months ago.

CounterFett said...

Yup, it's pretty awesome here.

Though it does make my current obsessions (Anime, Figma, and Revoltech) a bit more difficult.

Stu Rat said...

You should be getting advertising money from TRU. Cause we all know what I went and bought from there yesterday...