Thursday, May 15, 2014

Heavy Object Wargaming Project Part VII - Motivating....

God I love this series! Look how silver age and pulp-y that interior art is!
Who remembers that scene in 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' where the scientist stops to look at a poster as part of the creation process? Well, for making wargame models based on Heavy Object, it boils down to reading Light Novels. And that's what I'm doing.

Well, sort of. The newest edition is out, but not yet fully translated. I might do a review once I finish reading it. It's pretty good thus far, what with a few of the things that bugged me in the past resolved or done differently. Also, since I have finally figured out how to work with my Kindle, I've been having more fun in general with Light Novels (Infinite Stratos is really good, if you are inclined towards somewhat fan service-y mecha franchises, and I think we all know I am).

So, hopefully, once I finish reading the newest Heavy Object, I will be motivated to work a little bit on my mock-ups-turned-production-models afterwords. It's not a sure thing, but it could happen.

No comments: