Sunday, June 22, 2014

Toys For Wargaming - Battlefield Risk


Okay, so I guess Risk is a wargame in its own right, but I didn't feel intelligent changing the title of a regular feature for something as semantic as 'Cannibalizing Wargames For Other Wargames' or whatever. I have had my eye on this game for a few months, because like the Mass Effect Risk shown a while back, it was only $24 instead of $50. Still, I didn't want to spring for that, since it seemed very plentiful (unlike Mass Effect), and I was not interested in the franchise (again, unlike Mass Effect).


But then Target put them on clearance for $12. Now we're talking my language! So I bought 2.
Not sure what I'm even going to do with the rest of this stuff, since I'm mostly only interested in the figures. Might give the rest of the game to my son to play with and use for other projects for all I know.


I do like the blank faced dice. It's kind of a cool touch. I am trying to think of ways that I can use that to my advantage and print some custom dice on label paper. haven't come up with anything yet, but I will let you know if I do. Oooh, nevermind, I already thought of it...Space Crusade dice!


The figures themselves are pretty cool. You get four different poses. The box refers to these as 'classes,' though I'm not sure what they're supposed to represent. Again, I didn't get this to play Risk. Mostly, I just enjoy the cheap and easy figures. It's hard to eyeball, but I think they are right at about 15mm. Might take some scale shots later.

No comments: