Monday, June 23, 2014

Toys For Wargaming: Crayola Create 2 Destroy - Metropolitan Mayhem


So, after posting last week about the Dinosaur sculpting dough set that I had purchased, I decided I wanted to get more of the goofy yet charming Dino toys. As luck would have it, I came across more sets at the local Walmart only a few days later. I decided to get this set, which comes with a T-rex with chomp action (his jaw is cleverly controlled by the horn on the back of his head) and another Ankylosaurus with catapult tail.


It comes with a ton of the clay as well, but in all honesty, I didn't care much for that. I might give it to my kids or something.


I just wanted the Dinos. They have press-molds for explosions and '60s era batman action phrases (pow, fwoosh, etc.) on their feet, as well as a small car in the case of the T-rex mouth.


Also included are a pair of Volcano catapults. These are pretty cleverly designed. They work well at launching light projectiles, and look pleasing thematically as well.

No comments: