Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Quick Wargame Review - Battle Fortress


Decided I better write something since my last post was more than 48 hours ago, didn't want people thinking I'd kicked the bucket or something.

In any event, I picked up Battle Fortress from drivethrurpg this week simply based on its cover art. I love me some late-war/cold war era USA armor. And while they say you can't judge a book by its cover, I find 'they' are often wrong. I'm glad I got it, it's a pretty neat little game, it's short, and cheap. All things I like.

I have not got to read much more of it, but what it seems to break down to is a type of tapletop miniatures wargame version of a Red Alert style console or PC real time strategy game. You have factories which build your units, and the goal is to damage or eliminate the enemy's factories before he can return the favor.

Elegant in its simplicity. I think I will be giving this a shot in the near future. I have a bunch of prepainted WWII armor and Ogre cut out style miniatures that have been dying to go for a spin. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: