Sunday, August 3, 2014

Transformers Construct-Bots - Movie Grimlock

Grimlock, Large and in Charge
Hey all, Counterfett here. Well, Mrs. Fett got this particular specimen back during the Great Grimlock Buying Extravaganza that I went through back in June. It languished unbuilt in the pile of LEGO / Mega Bloks sets we have here until today.

This is the version reviewed here. These can get kind of confusing, as you'll see later.
Now, these sets work more like Bionicle (I have no experience with Bionicle so this is a bit of an assumption) than a proper construction brick, but they are still a bit of fun to put together, and the ball joints pop in quite a bit more easily than Mega Bloks minifigures (especially the god awful difficult Call Of Duty figures lately!).

This figure is quite tall in Robot mode, roughly 7.5-8" depending on stance. He comes with a BFS which reminds me an awful lot of Soul Edge. All it needs is a glowing red eye. I already said he was easy to assemble, and he looks to be relatively easy to transform as well, though I am saving Dinosaur mode for another time, for reasons which will be explained later.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Be careful with the small "C" connection points, I have noticed weakness spots on mine already. Broke a mini prime gun too.

CounterFett said...

I haven't run into that yet, but I saw the potential, reminds me of breaking hands on Kreons.