Monday, October 27, 2014

Minifig Monday - Wave 12 Continues


So, I was out with my wife and we found more of Series 12 of the blind packed minifigures. Since there was an abundance of them, and we had nothing but time (seriously, had to wait at the only store within walking distance while waiting for my car's recall maintenance to be finished), we decided to just stand there and squeeze every package to get everything we wanted from the entire wave. So that's just what we did.

So here's part 2 of my breakdown of the really cool stuff from this wave. From the left, the female Genie. Now this is your more sterotypical 'I Dream Of...' style Genie, rather than the 'Disney Style.' This is what my wife wanted. So we got a couple for her. I can live without, so, eh.

Next is the 'Dino Hunter.' I calls them like I sees them, it's Lara Croft from that recent Tomb Raider game. That being said, she's pretty awesome. The printing is good, she comes with LEGO syringe (always cool for my LEGO pusher scene), and the cool new compound bow. It's not as good as a BrickForge compound bow, but eh, you can't have everything.

Monochrome Girl, or Wednesday Adams. Not sure if that's a great comparison, but do I care? Not even a little. My wife is likely to use the parts to make Serana (the Vampire companion from Skyrim: Dawnguard). All I want to do is use the grey skirt to make Mikoto Misaka from A Certain Scientific Railgun.

Merlin. I bet it's called something like Castle Wizard, but it's Merlin. Specifically in what I think of as his 'Round Table Pizza' guise. This one is a little fiddly to put together thanks to the cape and collar being separate pieces, but honestly, this guy is the star of the wave. The metallic stars and moons on his robe and hat pieces are awesome and amazing. More impressive is the same pattern present on the cape and collar. It bothers me that this guy costs the same as the lifeguard!

Princess and the Frog Prince. This one is cute, and she comes with some unique or uncommon pieces. Also, her face is double sided, with the back puckered up with eyes closed to kiss the frog. Alternatively, if posed right, it could look like she's sipping tea, or something. If you are into world building with LEGO (and you likely are if you've read this far), there's a lot of potential in this one.

Jester. There's been a lot of ways to get the Jester in the past few years. This one's orange and purple. Those are my wife's favorite colors. She will likely use this to make Cicero from the Dark Brotherhood. 'Nuff said.


2 comments:

Stu Rat said...

Man, I have not been able to find any of the Genie.

Space Guy and Dino Girl (loved that TV show when I was a kid) tons of them.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, we were either fortunate or really unfortunate to find several untouched boxes at a Kmart. They were a little more expensive per pack, but we got everything we wanted and didn't have to do any driving around.

Worth it, I think.