Monday, November 10, 2014

Minifig Monday - Onni Kishi


Okay, so I'll be the first to admit...I always figured if I was to make a minifigure of a female knight from anime, it would probably be Saber. And yet, here we are, looking at my rendition of Onna Kishi from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. I had watched the aforementioned anime recently, and rather enjoyed it. In particular, I liked the surly yet elegent warrior/nun who was friends and romantically entangled with the Hero, and by extension, the Dark Lady.


Onna Kishi (her name simply means 'Female Knight') was made by using generic castle knight legs, the torso of the wave 12 Swashbuckler, arms from the Robot Madame, face from Wildstyle, and hair from Rapunzel. The decal to make her armor and surcoat are from Saber Scorpion, the Kingdom of Jerusalem to be exact. Amusingly, I went through the website to find the closest decal I could to her armor, and kicked myself for not having the foresight to pick this one up, then as I was going through my own decals, found that I HAD actually bought one and forgot about it. Happy coincidences all around.


I've included her appearance from the anime as a comparison, for those not familiar with the show. Main points I was trying to emulate: freckles, thick braid, plate armored arms and legs, boyish figure, as well as color and general layout on the heraldry.  Onna Kishi has a few different color schemes in the series, and the other main one has her colors as blue, with a more 'compass' looking sun logo. I went with this look, because while the five cross KoJ coat of arms is not perfect, it's pretty darn close for the minifig scale.

2 comments:

Stu Rat said...

I want that hair!

Never imagined myself saying that, especially at my age.

CounterFett said...

I TOTALLY understand what your saying.

Initially, that was only available through the 'Rapunzel's Tower of Creativity' Set. Later they made a polybag set with Rapunzel in it, which I bought several of, specifically so I would have more of the ponytail.

I love that it has 3 or 4 places you can put accessories.