Sunday, January 4, 2015

Goblin Raiders - A Week Of Minifig Mondays!

Do I really need to explain why I got a bunch of these guys?


Well, maybe I do, as it's a little more than my usual army building obsession. I explained earlier my unhealthy enjoyment of the Illithid in Spelljammer? So, typically, on an Illithid ship, only the Captain or select officers were really Mind Flayers, as they were never a particularly abundant race, especially when spread across the vastness of space. So their ships tended to be crewed by thralls from other subterranean races. Like goblins.

And do these guys ever look the part of scurvy goblin thralls, or what? I've since bought three more, so the ships complement is up to seven. Throw in some Marannon Orcs from The Hobbit, and a few proper Orcs from the D&D Kreo, and I've a bustling mid size ship's complement!

Originally, I had intended to use one of the hat/ear pieces to make Link from "The Legend of Zelda," but I've since come to love these little guys so much that I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually do it.

P.S. So, this was supposed to be scheduled for Friday, but, whatever. Stupid Google Scheduler only works about 80% of the time, it seems. So, enjoy this one a bit early!

2 comments:

Stu Rat said...

They brought their luggage, I guess they're looking to stay.

Kim Dubuisson said...

Nice!