Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Persona Q!

So, no secrets here...I love me some Persona. Particularly Persona 4, but that's a story for another day. Persona Q finally came out mid December, after some delays, and then the English version came out after Japanese, but it's here, and more importantly, I have it. I'm not very far in yet, but it seems pretty dope. The music, art, and voice acting are amazing, as expected. I haven't double checked, but it seems like the voice cast is the same (including the most important member, Chie!).
 
One nice thing is you can play through as either the Persona 3 or Persona 4 gang. This means a minimum of 2 play throughs, as far as I am concerned, regardless of whatever other replayability the game may have. I'm playing though right now as P4 (because, duh, Chie!), but I do intend to play through as the manipulative little sociopath...erm, P3 Protagonist, at a future date.
 
But it's not all rainbows and lollipops, kind readers. It wouldn't be me if I didn't find some negative aspects to warn you about. And for as far as I am in the game, the only downside I have found is that you can't just come and go as you please. You have to play until you reach a save. I don't like that in general, but it's worse for a handheld title, as you are more likely to be playing it at work or on public transportation or on breaks. Sure you can just close the screen and hope for the best, but I lost power at one point and had to replay a whole segment. I was not pleased.
 
Anyway, if you like the series, you probably got this before me. It's worth a look as a fun jrpg/vn/strategy game.

3 comments:

Kim Dubuisson said...

HUGE fan of PERSONA 4 GOLDEN.

We got PERSONA Q, cool game so far. Wish it was made for PS VITA...

CounterFett said...

Wait, it wasn't made for PS VITA?!?

I thought it was. I was stoked it was coming out on 3DS, since I actually have one, and easier to play than some sort of ROM on an emulator for my PC.

Kim Dubuisson said...

No it is only on Nintendo 3DS/2DS. It is actually the very first Persona video game on a Nintendo system.