Monday, February 9, 2015

MInifig Monday - Chima Ice Saber Cats


This is one of those sets that you get thinking "I don't know what, but I'm sure I can use a ton of that stuff." And then you get it home, and you realize that you really don't have much you can do with the pieces. Maybe I've finally hit the right stage of fogey-dom, but I just am not going to be able to use these as well as I thought when we got them.

There's a lot of cool pieces, don't get me wrong, it's just that, like much of Chima, it's so heavily printed and specialized, that it's hard to think of much else it can be. The Sabercat bodies make passable mummies or Draugr, I suppose. There are a lot of cool blue transparent bits that will make passable stahlrim accessories, if one is wont to do so. I do love me some Dragonborn DLC after all.

Beyond that, I just don't know. I do simply adore the mobile ice pizza oven on skis that they seem to have going there.