Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Toys For Wargaming - Star Wars Command - Desert Escape


I will admit that I pretty much just bought this set for the Boba Fett. The fact that it comes with Chewbacca is kind of a plus as well. But really, Boba Fett. I try not to be too much of a fangirl for Mandalorians, but seriously, just look at the name of this blog.

Nevermind the complete disregard for cinematic accuracy, in that Boba Fett was not even in this movie at all.

Other than my main man Fett, this set has some other cool bits. There's Han shooting first. There's the aforementioned Chewbacca.You got some Sandtroopers (I have quite a few of them at this point), which I will likely use as elite ComStar soldiers or some such, since they look the same as the PA/Ls (regular stormies), but with more specialized gear. There's C-3PO and R2-D2, which is a bit of a wash, as I would have appreciated more combat soldiers, but hey, I suppose I can use them as objectives in a game or something. There's even an anonymous Jedi, who I can use as a player character or warband leader or some such.

Another fun thing is that the set includes a landspeeder and TIE fighter on flight bases. Now, again, how high could Luke's landspeeder fly? Seems like a 40k 'Speeder at this point. But whatever.

No comments: