Friday, August 7, 2015

Toys For Wargaming - Best Lok Tank Platoon/Lance for WarStuff


Hey all, Counterfett here. Bright and early, on account of being unemployed again! This is a bit ego-sapping, truth be told, but I've made the right decisions (according to my wife, who is my insurance against impulsiveness). Anyway, I noticed that while I was away at work and unable to post due to the schedule, my blog has had the three worst traffic days since 2008! So I figured it was high time to do something about that.

I got these Best Lok tanks from the seasonal section at Target some time back, I think it was Easter or something. They were such a good value that I bought several sets (there were two tanks apiece, but one didn't have all the parts, so nine tanks!), and never really had any plan for what to do with them. And now I do! Since WarStuff has stats for or can include just about anything, I figured this was a good place to start.

Now, the American in me desperately wants to call a four tank formation a platoon, but I grew up on Battletech and OGRE/GEV, so this remains a lance in my heart. In WarStuff terms, these would be M4 Shermans (which is what they are modeled on anyway), coming in at 35 points each. That's 140 points total. Don't know what I'd match them up against, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Let me know if you guys can think of something interesting to match them up against!

2 comments:

Stu Rat said...

'...on account of being unemployed again!'

Is that a typo? Or did the job not work out?

What is WarStuff?

CounterFett said...

Yes, sadly the job was not as great as I had hoped, and I am unemployed again. Warstuff is one of those supersimple "play with what you got" type games that I tend to enjoy. I talk about it more in this post...

http://counterfett.blogspot.com/2015/07/not-quite-all-quiet-on-hobby-front.html