Saturday, August 8, 2015

Toys For Wargaming - Star Wars Galactic Dice Game

Good morning all, Counterfett here.


So, I know what you're thinking. How can you use the Star Wars Galactic Dice Game to wargame? Well, how can you not? In addition to simply adding them to whatever 'Story Cubes' solo game I have going, I thought of a way to use them as game dice for simple miniature gaming. I have tons of Star Wars miniatures from both the defunct miniatures game and the defuncter 'Attactix' line from around the time Episode 3 was in theaters. I never bothered the learn to play either game, but I do have two kids who love Star Wars but are considerably less in love with learning complex game rules.


So here's the plan, everyone picks what characters they want to have in their warband. Each character is given a 'type' to correspond to the six die faces, so Jedi (Yoda), Humanoid Droid or Creature (C-3PO), Bounty Hunter (Fett),  Soldier (Stormtrooper),  Non-Humanoid Droid or Creature (R2-D2), or Sith (Darth Vader). All dice rolls will be opposed, and whichever character gets the highest number of successes (their own class shown) wins the contest. In the event that the roll involves two classes (ie a Sith vs. Jedi) only one roll will be needed. If the classes are the same (ie Soldier vs. Soldier) each player rolls three dice.

Again, I think this would be fairly easy to run with either the modular Halo board I used so much in the past, or even with the HeroScape setup I have barely ever used. This should be a lot of fun to get some casual stress free gaming in with the kids!

If you want to try something like this out, have fun, and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Sounds like an awesome toy for wargaming. Star Wars is one of my son's favorites.