Wednesday, September 23, 2015

LEGO Minifigure Wave 14 - Skeleton Costume! And New Job!


As best I can tell, the Skeleton is the only figure in this wave that is definitely a costume. You can say the others are costumes if you want (though how the two ghosts would be costumes without legs is beyond me) but this one is definitely intended as a costume, as you can see the strings where his mask attaches.

What I think is clever about this, is that while it's the typical black bodysuit with skeleton design, the design reflects a LEGO skeleton rather than a human one. I wish I had taken a side shot (20/20 hindsight), but it's most apparent there at the arms and legs, having the swivel joints drawn on rather than human ball joints. It's a pretty neat touch.

I am thinking of using this guy's torso along with some robes and the Ninjago big skull to make a Ainz Ooal Gown figure (from Overlord). Expect to see that someday.

P.S. I just got a job offer, it's one I have been trying to get, and is a pretty decent job much closer to where I live, so easier commute times. Yay, I'm done with unemployment. Thanks to my wife, it hasn't been too stressful, but it's nice to have the safety net back in place. Thanks to everyone who was pulling for me!

1 comment:

Stu Rat said...

Congrats on the job.