Thursday, October 22, 2015

Metal Gear Solid V: The End Of Three Dimensional Life


I've been off of the internet for a while. Been playing a lot of Phantom Pain. It's a pretty cool game, with so much to do and explore. There are so many ways to get around every problem it's pretty fantastic. I'm the sort where I enjoy finding alternate means of getting around hard parts of games, and MGSV lets me do that.

I had a hard time with the Quiet fight, for instance. Then I realized I could have my support team drop resupply crates on her head. I feel like this was a bit of a cheap win, but I'm ever the pragmatist when it comes to not getting shot.

Another example, I was having a difficult time extracting a prisoner from a heavily occupied base, so I blew up their anti-air radar and called in my gunship, and he leveled the place (to the syncopated sound of Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell" no less). Sure, it cost me the 'S' rank, but I don't really care that much about that.

Anyway, since I was out from under my rock, I figured I would check in and reassure my friends I am still alive and will still be posting hobby content again.

No comments: